Wishing all my readers a very happy new year!
For all of you that want to save some money this year (and who doesn't want to do that?), I'm here to help! As you all know, I absolutely love to shop...but what you may not know is that I'm a serious sales addict. Here are my top five rules to save. Follow these steps and your wallet will thank me later.
1. If you aren't saving anything in the purchase, don't buy. I think that this is key. There are sooooo many ways to save out there, that if you can't find a promo code or sales coupon you aren't looking hard enough. Wait a week and I'm sure a code will pop up!
2. Always compare the price in the store to the prices online. This is a very important step that I think a lot of us typically do not bother with because it is extra work. Sometimes the are special offers online that you will not find in the store, and vice versa. This step will not save you time, but could save you a lot of money.
3. When shopping online always use a promo code at checkout. Don't only look for a promotional code on their website. If you don't see one there go to a special promo code site like retailmenot.com and you might find coupon codes you didn't know about.
4. Take notice of the sales your favorite stores always have. There always seem to be huge sales that go on like clockwork. For instance, I get coupons for Express and Lord & Taylor every month in the mail...also, don't forget about that semi-annual sale at Victoria's Secret. This is the time to shop.
5. Double (of triple!) up on coupons! I just did this the other day. I went to Lord & Taylor and came across an adorable Calvin Klein dress, which you might have seen on my Instagram account. The original price on it was $129.50. It was marked down quite a bit. On top of the already discounted dress I used my 20% off savings pass and paid the remainder with the $23 left on my gift card. Bottom line, it ended up costing me only $8.48! Isn't that crazy?!?!